Open call for JAE Intro 2021
This week the application period for the JAE Intro 2021 scholarships for undergraduate students has opened. This program aims to raise awareness about the opportunities offered by the Centers and Institutes of Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) to university students interested in pursuing a research career. The Institute of Natural Products and Agrobiology (IPNA) offers 14 scholarships within the JAE-Intro program.
The scholarships are preferably oriented to undergraduate students in their final year of university studies. 250 training grants are offered and applications are open until April 10th. The scholarships will have a duration of 5 months, starting in October 2021, and an amount of 3,000 euros/grant in total.
JAE Intro scholarships are open to:
- Students enrolled in a degree in the academic year 2020-2021 who have at least 80 % of the credits (ECTS) corresponding to the degree completed.
- Prospective students of an official University Master's Degree in the academic year 2021-2022 (having applied for pre-admission, admission or registration in an official University Master's Degree for the academic year 2021-2022).
- In addition, the applicants' average grade of their academic record must be, on a scale of 0-10, equal to or greater than 8.00 for those coming from disciplines of Arts and Humanities, Sciences, Health Sciences and Social and Legal Sciences; and 7.00 for those graduating in disciplines of Engineering and Architecture.
The IPNA offers 14 scholarships within the JAE Intro 2021 program:
- Observation and modeling of volcanic processes. PI: Pablo José González Méndez (JAEINT21_EX_0319).
- Synthesis of new fluorinated compounds with application in Health and Agriculture. PI: Concepción González Martín (JAEINT21_EX_0323).
- Synthesis of New Cyclodextrin Structures via beta-Fragmentation Radicalaria. PI: Mª Ángeles Martín Hernández (JAEINT21_EX_0325).
- Modification of cyclodextrins by beta-fragmentation reactions under oxidative conditions. PI: Inés Pérez Martín (JAEINT21_EX_0329).
- Development of a methodology to obtain a new type of N-nucleoside. PI: Elisa Isabel de León Alonso (JAEINT21_EX_0355).
- Synthesis of new molecules inspired by natural products. PI: Ignacio Brouard Martín (JAEINT21_EX_1118)
- Food systems, consumption, culture and quality: The case of Canarian cider. PI: Eva Parga Dans (JAEINT21_EX_0363).
- Wine cultures in the Canary Islands: tradition, heritage and differentiation. PI: Pablo Alonso González (JAEINT21_EX_0364).
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of new antimicrobial agents. PI: Alicia Boto Castro (JAEINT21_EX_0692).
- Synthesis of trans-fused oxacycles with activity against Alzheimer's disease. PI: Juan Ignacio Padrón Peña (JAEINT21_EX_0866).
- Towards a more sustainable chemistry. Asymmetric organocatalysis. PI: Tomás Martín Ruíz (JAEINT21_EX_0871).
- Stimuli-responsive polymeric micelles for drug release. PI: Romen Carrillo Fumero (JAEINT21_EX_0935).
- New synthetic methodologies for the synthesis of antiviral compounds. PI: David Tejedor Aragón (JAEINT21_EX_1084).
- Biotechnology of Natural Products. PI: Carmen Elisa Diaz Hernández (JAEINT21_EX_1398).
More information (in Spanish).