In 1997, I joined the High Altitude Observatory (NCAR) where I have the opportunity to carry out my PhD in the field of astrophysics. Later on, I enjoyed several postdoctoral research positions in different institutions in Europe participating in several national and international projects. I have published a total of 44 peer review articles and more than 53 contributions to different international congress.
In 2007, I decided to jump to the research management, first as a member of the Technology Transfer Office at Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) and then as part of other research institutions. During these years, I acted as expert in the research-innovation interface, fostering and managing public-private collaborations, ensuring the correct IPR management as well as promoting the exploitation and dissemination of the research results.
At present, I work as Innovation Manager of the Spanish Council Research Center (CSIC) with the main aim of accelerate the translation of experimental results and basic knowledge towards clinical applications, and to promote their transfer to end-users and industrial stakeholders.
Management, supervision and monitoring of R&D projects, IPR, innovation, business development, public-private partnerships, commercialization, marketing, research infrastructure
- Master of Science in Technological and Industrial Innovation, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), 2013
- PhD in Astrophysics, University of La Laguna (ULL) & High Altitude Observatory (HAO/NCAR), 2001
- Degree in Physics, University of La Laguna (ULL), 1996
- EST Technology Manager, Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), 2/2016- 1/2018
- Innovation Manager, Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Canarias (CIBICAN-ULL), 4/2013 – 1/2016
- Transfer Technology Manager, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), 4/2010 – 3/2013
- EU Project Maanger, Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), 3/2007 – 3/2010
- Post-doctoral Researcher, University of Birmingham, 9/2006 – 2/2007
- Post-doctoral Researcher, Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC), 6/2003 – 5/2006
- Astronomer Support, Themis Telescope, 12/2001 - 5/2003
- Research Assistant, High Altitude Observatory (HAO/NCAR), 1/1997 – 5/2001
- Registered Technology Transfer Professional (RTTP), 2015