Daniel Suárez is a biologist and pre-doctoral researcher interested in the study of the ecology and evolution of arthropods on oceanic islands. His doctoral thesis focuses on the diversity of spiders in the laurel forests of the Canary Islands, using molecular tools to study patterns of genetic structure and community assembly.
Conservation biology, ecology and evolution, entomology
- Degree in Biology, Universidad de La Laguna (2012-2016)
- Master's Degree in Terrestrial Biodiversity and Island Conservation, Universidad de La Laguna (2016-2018)
- Pre-doctoral FPI researcher, IPNA-CSIC, Universidad de La Laguna (2019-present)
- Member of the Tenerife Entomological Research Group
- Member of the Systematics, Biogeography and Evolution of Canary Islands Arthropods group